HR Admin Tasks
How-to Learning Resources
In This Section
Hiring Academic Staff
Hiring MaPS and Support Staff
- Hiring Manager Toolkit | PDF
- Recruit for Regular, Sessional, or Recurring Part Time - Job Opening Request (JOR) | PDF
- Recruit for new Limited Term | PDF
- Fill a Vacant Position | PDF
- Fill a Temporary Position to Replace an Employee on leave | PDF
- Request a permanent change in hours for an existing employee | PDF
- Request a job posting for a Casual/Student Job | PDF
- Managing Applicants in PeopleSoft | PDF
Hiring Postdoctoral Scholars and Visiting Scholars
For information on how to set up a Postdoctoral scholar (Postdoctoral Scholarship PDF175 or a Postdoctoral Associate PDF162) please contact the Postdoc office . The following reference guide is for the Postdoc Office internal use only.
A general associate relationship (or non-employee relationship) is created to allow access to university systems for the following two appointments:
- An unpaid Visiting Scholar is not paid by the University of Calgary but may be paid by their own university or has accepted an unpaid appointment.
- A Guest Postdoc Scholar receives research training at the University of Calgary, but is compensated through an external fellowship/stipend and is not paid through the UofC.
Hiring Grad Assistants
Hiring Student and Non-Classified Staff
- eFin Introduction | eLearning resources found --> https://ucalgary.ca/training/home/learning-resources/research#quickset-field_collection_quicktabs_0
For first-time users, enroll in this course to track your completion.
Once completed, you can revisit the course to review specific content. Please note that revisiting a course will not track your completion!