Job Opening Request Enhancement Project
The Job Opening Request (JOR) is used to obtain authorization to hire for most salaried (and hourly recurring part-time) roles. The form is being refreshed to provide a better user experience for both initiators and approvers. The goal of the new step-by-step guided tool is to be more intuitive to complete and help create efficiencies in approvals and processing.
The purpose of the Job Opening Request (JOR) is to obtain the necessary authorization to hire, create/update position information as needed, and when applicable, collect the details required to post a job.
The JOR can also be used as a mechanism to request a job posting to generate applications for roles that are ultimately approved and hired via the Template Based Hire (e.g. Sessional Instructors, casual/student hourly jobs, etc.). These requests require no approvals, but rather route directly to HR for posting to the Careers website.
The new JOR is a step-by-step guided tool designed to be more intuitive for initiators. New features of the form include:
- form updates based on answers to a set of key questions so initiators see only what is relevant for their request,
- job profile evaluation process incorporated into the form for AUPE and MaPS roles,
- real-time estimation tool for project funded roles,
- ability to attach a job ad directly into the form for academic positions,
- and more!
For a more detailed overview of the new form, please see the JOR show and tell session video in the Resources section of this page.
After 4:30pm on May 31, the old JORs will be view only, and initiators will not have the ability to retract, edit or resubmit. If an old JOR is denied after May 31, the initiator will have to resubmit the request using the new JOR.
For an AUPE or MaPS job, if the job profile was recently evaluated by HR Compensation (via email), please follow the guidelines below in support of the transition to the new process:
- New position: Yes, you will need to go through the Job Profile Evaluation step on the new JOR. Please add a comment on the request indicating it was previously reviewed, and copy and paste the details provided by the HR Compensation team into the Comments section.
- Existing position where job code/classification is remaining the same: You can skip the job profile evaluation step by selecting No to the question, ‘Is a job profile evaluation required?’
- Existing position where job code/classification is changing: You will need to through the Job Profile Evaluation step and must select Yes to the question, ‘Is a job profile evaluation required?’ Please add a comment on the request indicating it was previously reviewed, and copy and paste the details provided by the HR Compensation team into the Comments section.