HR Partner Contacts by Faculty/ Unit
You can find your HR Partner for your Faculty/Unit in the list below.
General day-to-day HR service enquiries should be sent to to UService, and your request will be directed to the appropriate client service team.
An HR Senior Partner/HR Partner is assigned to a portfolio of Faculties and Units to provide HR advisory services focused on complex HR matters.
HR Advisors are assigned to multiple Faculties and Units to provide background HR support. HR Advisors may also provide direct support and advisory services to clients under the direction and guidance of the HR Partner, as required.
- Quarterbacks end-to-end service delivery of all HR programs, policies, systems and services for all employee groups
- Provides senior level strategic decision support to Deans, AVPs, Directors and Senior Manager level positions on all complex HR related matters
- Participates on Faculty/Unit Leadership Team to contribute HR perspective to business plans, decisions and organizational changes
- Understands Faculty/Unit’s business strategy, operational plans, financial performance, history and culture to inform, influence, engage and operationalize HR programs and solutions
- Brokers relationship between the Faculty/Unit and HR to evaluate and secure specialized resources and services from the Centres of Expertise when required
- Liaises with UService and the People Processes & Solutions Team to identify any trends/issues as they relate to client service and support
- Main areas of HR Partner advisory support provided include, but are not limited to: workplace reorganization support, conflict resolution/LR support, change management support, leadership coaching, strategic recruitment, facilitation of succession planning/talent reviews, performance management issues, high level oversight of academic career processes, interpretation of complex collective agreement issues, and workplace planning.
- Leads large scale project work, including formulating precedents, templates, process documentation and training and supporting the HR Services team in implementation of various initiatives
- Acts as a resource and escalation point for HR Partners and Advisors to enable management of complex issues and to ensure consistency across all portfolios
- Supports skill building through training and mentoring the HR Services team
- Supports information sharing meetings to ensure team members are informed and have up-to-date tools and resources to support consistent people practices at the university
- Supports the HRS leadership team by providing senior level coverage where necessary
- All HR Partner duties as listed (with a narrower client group)
- Provides support to Faculties and Units through the Senior HR Partners/HR Partners to whom they have a dotted line reporting relationship
- Works in the background to support multiple Partner portfolios and will be responsible for all employee/staffing groups
- Works directly with clients on specific matters, under the direction and guidance of the HR Partner
- Assists the Senior HR Partners/HR Partners in providing support to clients in areas which include, but are not limited to: workplace reorganization support, conflict resolution/LR support, change management support, leadership coaching, strategic recruitment, facilitation of succession planning/talent reviews, performance management issues, high level oversight of academic career processes, interpretation of complex collective agreement issues, and workforce planning
HR Advisors (Academic)
Nichelle Anstey (maternity leave)
HR Talent Acquisition Advisors