If you’re unable to find what you’re looking for, please contact UService: ucalgary.ca/uservice.
- Regular Invoice Request Form (request an AR billing)
- Clinical Trials/Clinical Research Invoice Request Form (request clinical trials or clinical research AR billing)
- Invoice adjustment request form (please refer to the Journal correction/transfer request form)
- Customer setup or update request form | Search tips (request the addition of a new customer, or update/modify an existing customer)
- Customer refund request form (request a refund to a customer with a credit balance)
Collections and Write-offs
- Cheque deposit form (for use with projects only)
- Used to provide change for the purpose of concluding cash transactions only.
- The float shall not be used for any other purpose such as personal loans, cashing cheques, purchases, salaries, wages or honoraria.
- The float must, at all times, contain the authorized and issued amount of cash.
- The float must be kept in a secure, locked location under the sole control of the custodian. Only the custodian should use and have access to the float.
- Funds derived from any other source must not be added to the float.
- Overages/shortages must be recorded on your daily deposit.
- For more information regarding cash float procedures, please refer to the cash management procedures document found in the Procedures, guidelines and handbooks section under Quick Links
- Cash float request form (request a new float, or increase the amount of an existing float)
- Cash float deposit request form (reduce or return a cash float no longer needed by the department)
- Cash float transfer request form (transfer the custodianship of a cash float to another employee within the department)
Point of Sale (POS)
- Payment Solution Request (apply for a UCalgary point of sale terminal)
- log in to my.ucalgary.ca
- go to the My work tab
- under the Finance & Supply Chain heading, click on the SCM service request form
- on the far left select the Equipment disposal link
- complete the form and click Submit
Inter-departmental billings (IDB)
- IDB Journal Entry request form
- Supporting IDB journal spreadsheet template
- IDB FAQs
- IDB card request form (request new IDB card for use with one of the designated centers)
- IDB card receipt form (to be completed and signed at the time of IDB card pick-up)
- General Ledger Journal Entry request form (restricted use)
- Supporting journal spreadsheet template
- 2023 Alberta tax credit return form (TD1AB)
- 2023 Alberta tax credit return worksheet
- 2023 Federal tax credit return form (TD1)
- 2023 Federal tax credit return worksheet
- 2022 Alberta tax credit return form (TD1AB)
- 2022 Alberta tax credit return worksheet
- 2022 Federal tax credit return form (TD1)
- 2022 Federal tax credit return worksheet
Project Creation and Maintenance
- Project Request Form (updated May 5, 2021)
- Project Update Request Form (updated December 10, 2020)
- Project Budget Form (updated December 10, 2020)
- Project Over-Expenditure and Over-Commitment, Expired Project Continuation of Spending and New Project Pre-Approval Form (updated April 1, 2022)
- Project Online Delegation (updated December 10, 2020)
- Team Authorization Form (updated August 19, 2022)
- Team Authorization Form Student Research Allowances (updated December 10, 2020)
- Project Global View Access (updated January 15, 2022)
New Supplier Request form (request for a new business or new individual record in PS. NOTE only to be completed and submitted by an employee or individual affiliated with the University of Calgary)
Step 1: Instructions on how to verify if a supplier is already set up in PeopleSoft (Active or Inactive)
Step 2: Complete the New Supplier Request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (if applicable by your search from Step 1 above)
a) Download the form and save it to your computer
b) Populate the saved form
c) Save & submit for processing to email@example.com
d) Instructions on how to complete the New Supplier Request Form
Step 3: Request form processed, and preferred payment method setup by supplier administration
Step 4: Supplier ID provided to requestor and supplier by supplier administration
Step 5: Process to payment via requisition, or PRQ
Supplier Information Enrollment form (for Canadian or USA businesses to expedite the set-up of a business record. Please ensure a preferred payment method is selected either Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or automated virtual Visa payments (VPA) along with appropriate supporting documentation. NOTE only the supplier is to complete this mandatory form).
Sole Proprietorships require business banking information. If personally named banking is provided, the sole proprietor will be paid by their personal name which will be subject to T4A issuance for more than $500 in a calendar year.
Supplier Change Request form (request to make changes to an existing business or individual supplier record, or to request reinstatement of an inactive supplier. NOTE only to be completed and submitted by an employee or individual affiliated with the University of Calgary)
Supplier Payment Options
Electronic Funds Transfer form (for Canadian or USA businesses or individuals to expedite set-up of a supplier record for electronic funds transfer payments. NOTE only the supplier or individual is to complete & submit this form. Ensure a bank certified direct deposit letter or a copy of a void cheque is submitted with this form)
Visa Payables Enrollment form (for Canadian or USA businesses to be paid by the University’s virtual credit card as a direct payment for a purchase order. Overview of Visa Payables. NOTE only the supplier is to complete & submit this form)
Wire Payment Request form (for International addresses for businesses or individuals to properly expedite set-up for wire transfer payments. [PO Box address can not be accepted] NOTE this is the only accepted payment method for an International supplier)
Apply for a credit card
Visit the university credit cards page and select the type of card you wish to apply for:
- Travel & Expense Card - for travel and hospitality expenses incurred on behalf of UCalgary
- Purchase Card - for purchasing low-dollar, low-risk materials and supplies for faculty, lab or department
(*to update card holder information or to change card limits)
Within University campuses (Main Campus, Foothills, Downtown, Spyhill)
Visit the SCM service request forms link under My Work on the portal to access the On Campus Pickup form.
This form is to be used to request pickup and delivery of parcels across campus.
Click here for instructions on how to populate the form.
Domestic or international courier shipments from (Main Campus, Foothills, Downtown or Spyhill)
Visit the SCM service request forms link under My Work on the portal to access the Off Campus Shipping form.
This form is to be used to request a pickup of items on campus and coordination of courier delivery by Distribution Services. Shipping includes but is not limited to envelopes, boxes, cases, crates, pails and bags.
Click here for instructions on how to populate the form.
Procedures, Guidelines and Handbooks
If you’re unable to find what you’re looking for, please contact UService: ucalgary.ca/uservice or review the Finance Admin Tasks page: https://www.ucalgary.ca/hr/training-development/how-learning-resources/finance-admin-tasks
- Cash advance clearing guide: The cash advance clearing guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to clear cash advances received for university expenses.
- Pay low-dollar invoices (under $2,500): The preferred method of payment for these invoices is the University credit card. However, in instances where either no credit card is available or the vendor does not accept payment via credit card, the Payment Request can be used to pay low dollar company invoices <$2,500.
- Travel and expense reimbursement handbook: This handbook outlines the procedures for expenses and reimbursements regarding travel and entertainment, including advance payments and non-employee regulations.
For more information on these processes, visit the Training and Development site to access job aids: go to Learning Resources, log in with your UCID, then click on Expenses under Featured Topics.
External Billing is the generation of a University of Calgary invoice to request payment of goods or services provided by the University to an external party, for research funding or for the recovery of costs incurred by the University on behalf of an external party. Tuition assessments and other transactions recorded on student accounts as well as inter- departmental billings do not fall within this category.
All other credit and billing responsibilities remain with the billing unit.
***Please review the External Billing Procedure document for necessary PeopleSoft access request and training materials.
For more information on these procedures, visit the HR Training & Development Web site: Accounts Receivable (Cash & Billing)
Cash and Billing
- Invoice Request Form
- Clinical Trials Invoice Request Form (effective April 1, 2023)
- External billing procedures
- External billing FAQs
- Cash management procedures
- Departmental deposit procedures
- Departmental deposit procedures FAQs
- Deposit FAQs
- Accounts receivable invoice collection procedure
- Returning Cash Float Procedure
Job Aids and Quick Reference Guides
Time Reporting Codes
University Credit Cards
- Project Maintenance will extend the end date of a project upon receipt of an amendment from the sponsor agency. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Finance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Journal Entries, Fund Codes, and Account Codes
Project Creation and Maintenance
Month/Quarter/Year End Procedures and Deadlines
Month/Quarter End Procedures
- Month End Timelines Fiscal
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations Instructions
- Reconciliation Template
- Reconciliation Sample 12205
- Reconciliation Sample 20999
The fiscal year of the University ends on March 31 of each year. The documents below outline procedures and timelines to process year end transactions and complete the year end financial statements.
- Year End Instructions (March 31, 2023)
- Year End Deadlines (March 31, 2023)
- Year End Contacts (March 31, 2023)
Year End Deadlines (specific activities)