About Financial Reporting
Financial Reporting supports the university's planning and decision-making process and operational reporting needs by:
- Providing a team of financial professionals who offer leadership, consultation and support in the areas of financial and capital accounting
- Giving financial analysis and reporting and procedures/policy development
- Developing, analyzing and reporting the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Forecasting and variance reporting for the university board and university administration committees
The team manages the financial systems administration for operating and balance sheets accounts, including the chart of accounts, financial reporting systems and the non-financial classifications and requirements information. The team works in partnership with faculties and departments to ensure the understanding of and compliance with financial policies and procedures, and that funds are accounted in accordance with those policies.
The Internal Controls and Compliance team works with stakeholders across the university to develop and maintain a strong control environment, designed to mitigate financial risks and provide reasonable assurance that the accounting records are a reliable basis for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements. In addition, the team manages the Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance program by working closely with vendors, merchants, and others on campus who accept and facilitate credit card payments to ensure specific industry compliance requirements are met.
Financial Reporting Documents and Links
Month/Quarter End Procedures
- Month End Timelines Fiscal
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations Instructions
- Reconciliation Template
- Reconciliation Sample 12205
- Reconciliation Sample 20999
The fiscal year of the University ends on March 31 of each year. The documents below outline procedures and timelines to process year end transactions and complete the year end financial statements.
- Year End Instructions (March 31, 2023)
- Year End Deadlines (March 31, 2023)
- Year End Contacts (March 31, 2023)
Year End Deadlines (specific activities)