- Register or login to the Resident Portal, the online application system.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay the $50 application fee.
- Submit your application and wait to hear from the Residence Services office.
- Offer of Residence emails are sent to students who are accepted into Residence.
- When your time slot opens, login to the system and choose the building, apartment number, and bedroom you prefer. Not applicable to First-year or Family Housing applicants. For more information, see Room Selection.
- Make the advance payment prior to the payment date stated on the Offer of Residence, then accept your offer. If applying for Family Housing, contact the Family Housing office to complete final steps.
- One month prior to your move-in day, login to the Residence Portal, choose a meal plan and sign the online Residence Agreement. Not applicable to Family Housing applicants.
- Move in and enjoy your new home
Residence Tours 2020/2021
Come check out your new home for the 2020/2021 year. Stop by for tours and for your chance to win prizes including early time slots and free applications. Staff will be on hand to answer questions about applications.
Second year students (entering second year in 2020/2021)
- Tuesday, January 21, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Tours will be every 10-15 minutes of Yamnuska Hall and 30 minutes for IH/GV
- Meet at the ground floor lounge in Yamnuska Hall. Students will be able to enter through the east ground floor entrance of Yamnuska with their key.
Upper year students (entering 3+ year in 2020/20221)
- Wednesday, January 22
- 5:30 pm & 6:00 pm - Apartment tours (AU, CD, GL/OL, IH/GV) - meet at bottom of The Landing stairs in the DC
- 6:00 pm - Crowsnest tour - Meet at lobby of Crowsnest Hall
- 6:45 pm - Varsity Courts tour - meet at bottom of The Landing stairs in the DC
First Year Applicants
High school students applying to university for the first time are guaranteed to receive an Offer of Residence for those that apply by May 1 (emails are sent in May for those who applied prior to May 1).
Second Year Applicants
Those who are in their second year of undergraduate studies are given an offer of residence for Yamnuska Hall. Those that lived with us in their first year (previous year) are guaranteed to receive an Offer of Residence in Yamnuska Hall if they apply between Jan 1 and Feb. 10. Time slots for room selection will be given based on a lottery.
Upper Year Applicants
Those who are in their third or higher year of undergraduate studies. Those who apply between Jan 1 and Feb. 10 will receive an Offer of Residence with time slots for room selection given based on a lottery.
UCalgary Affliliated and Graduate Applicants
Offers of Residence are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
Staying Through in Residence
Current Residents of Aurora, Cascade, Crowsnest, Olympus, and Glacier Halls that wish to stay in the same room for the spring/summer and fall/academic terms will need to follow the below steps:
- If resident wishes to stay in their current room for the spring or spring/summer term, they must complete a spring or spring/summer application between Jan 1 and Jan. 31. The room preference on the application must match the current room type that the resident is living in.
- If a resident wishes to stay in residence for the spring/summer and fall /or academic term they must complete the steps below:
- Complete Spring/Summer application and pay the $50 application fee.
- Complete a Fall or Academic application up to the "Application Fee" step. Once at this step, close out of the application. Residence Services will activate the application as long as the Spring/Summer application is complete and paid for.
- Both applications must be complete between Jan 1 and Jan. 31*.
*Excludes The College. Residents living in The College will be selected by The College Committee and be placed. We cannot guarantee that residents will be able to stay through on this floor after the spring/summer term.
*Excludes Cascade and Aurora one bedroom and studios, GL-127/227/327, OL-121/221/321