To Qualify You Must:
- be a registered full-time student (undergraduate or graduate)
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- be highly committed to student development
- be accountable and responsible.
What Will Be Expected of Me as a Community Ambassador?
Reporting to the Residence Life Coordinator, CAs perform a variety of tasks. CAs are expected to establish connections with the residents in their communities, and be reasonably available to them as needed throughout the term. CAs also perform regularly scheduled shifts that may fall on weekends and/or holidays. The CA job is quite unique. Some of the core responsibilities of the CA role include:
- Attending a mandatory two weeks of training session (including weekends) in August, starting as early as August 12, 2024
- Assist the greater RET during busy times of the year (move-in, move-out, and BSD)
- Act as a positive role model on campus, in residence, and on social media
- Abide by and adhere to all University of Calgary and Residence Services Policies
- Complete all on-call shifts in residence on a rotational basis
- Address violations of any university or residence policies
- Plan and implement educational and social programs that encourage the development of residents
- Provide information to residents concerning university and residence resources and policies
- Be an active listener for residents experiencing academic and/or personal difficulties
- Foster and promote an inclusive community within an assigned area as well as the greater residence community
- Respond to emergencies and maintenance problems when on call
- Other duties as assigned by their Residence Life Coordinator, Senior Community Ambassador, and/or the Manager, Residence Life
Question and Answer Series
Join us at our Information Sessions or Booth to learn more about the CA role and speak with current Community Ambassadors about the position. This is also an opportunity to receive clarification about the application form/process.
Thursday, Dec. 7, 2023 7 p.m., Crowsnest Hall Multipurpose Room
Thursday, Jan. 11, 2024 7 p.m., Virtual (Zoom)
Tuesday Jan. 9, 2024 12 p.m. (MacEwan Hall/Dining Centre)
Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are now open.