Accessibility & Medical

Dietary Restrictions 

First year students are required to live in first year residence communities and purchase a meal plan. Students will have options to choose from including a dedicated vegan and vegetarian station. Food labelling are available and include dairy, gluten-free, vegan, halal, etc. Students with specific concerns are also invited to meet with the culinary team to discuss their dietary requirements and available options while eating at The Landing. Contact

Service Animals

Residence Service allows service animals to live in residence. To have a service animal on campus you will need to have it registered with Student Accessibility Services. When working with them, please let them know that you are planning to live in residence, so they can inform us if the service animal is approved to be on campus and live in residence. Make sure to apply to residence when you apply to the University of Calgary, do not wait to apply to residence as we do fill up fast. Once we are informed by SAS about your service animal, we will work with you to make sure that you are and your service animal are comfortable in your new home.

Residence Services does not allow emotional support animals to live in residence. 

Accessibility Rooms

Residence Services has multiple options of accessibility rooms available in residence. Please fill out the accessible step in the residence application and supply any supporting documents that you have. You can also reach out to for more information. We also recommend that you reach out to Student Accessibility Services, to discuss any support and accessibility needs you require on campus. They will also help us in supporting you with your requirements.