Residence Appeal Board
Upholding Community Standards
The Residence Appeal Board is a judicial body that hears residence judicial and discipline cases that have reached the highest level of sanction to which a resident has requested an appeal based on appropriate criteria. The purpose and charge of the board is to uphold community standards and maintain them as a just and equitable system. All members of the board receive special judicial training and are held to the highest standard of confidentiality and receive recognition on their Co-Curricular Record for their participation and involvement.
Obligations of Committee Members
- Attend all appeal board meetings
- Meet at least monthly to receive ongoing training
- Actively solicit feedback and information from fellow residents to bring to the council
- Be committed to improving the residential experience at the University of Calgary
- Associate Director, Housing Services and Residence Education
- Three resident Appeal Board members
- Two alternate Appeal Board members
Email the following information to email@example.com:
- name and contact information (including phone, email, and residence address)
- indicate which of the student action groups you would like to join. If you are interested in more than one, indicate which one would be your first choice.
- student status information:
- graduate or undergraduate
- international or Canadian
- year of study
- if you are a transfer student
- class schedule, if known
- a brief response to the following question: how will you use your involvement in this student action group or groups to help improve residence at the University of Calgary?