What Can I Donate and Where?
What can I donate?
- Clothing, towels, textiles and bed linen
- Household and kitchen supplies i.e., dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, decorations, cleaning instruments, hangers etc. will be saved and given out to students in a FREE STORE at Move In Sept.2023
- Unopened, non-perishable food, laundry detergent and dish soap
- Furniture (Varsity Courts ONLY)
- School supplies and textbooks (textbooks will be donated to Textbooks for Change through UCalgary Bookstore
- Electronic Waste: i.e. Cables, power cords, chargers, headphones, gaming devices, cellphones, computers & equipment, laptops, tablets, speakers, printers and cartridges, musical instruments
What Donations are NOT Accepted?
- Dirty and/or unsanitary items (thank you for being respectful to our volunteers and donation partners by cleaning your donations before dropping them off)
- Broken, ripped or damaged items
- Opened food sonations
- Perishable food sonations
- Actual garbage (thank you for being respectful of our volunteers by separating your donations from your waste before dropping off )
Where can I donate my items on campus?
Residence buildings Organizing Stations:
- Cascade Hall entrance
- Yamnuska Hall entrance
- Aurora Hall entrance
- International House side entrance, lounge area
External POD Locations:
- Yamnuska and Cascade Hall
- Rundle Hall and International House
- Aurora Hall
Where Are My Items Being Donated To?
- Household, kitchen, cleaning, and school supplies will be given out to residents at the Fall 2023 Move In FREE STORE
- Clothing, towels, textiles and bed linen donated to Trans - Continental Textile Recycling Ltd. (transtextile.com)
- Electronics and E-Waste donated to Electronic Recycling Company | eCycle Solutions Canada
- Unopened, non-perishable food donated to The Calgary Food Bank
- Furniture will be donated to the Calgary Drop-In Centre (calgarydropin.ca)