Shaking Hands


Risk Management and Insurance purchases insurance and manages claims for the university.

Owned Auto Insurance

This policy includes insurance for university-owned and licensed motor vehicles and trailers. It includes liability insurance as well as collision and theft.

Learn more

Insurance Coverage

Find summaries of the University of Calgary's insurance program and policies, what is covered, and deductible information.

Learn more

Certificates of Insurance

If you are asked to produce proof of insurance or a certificate of insurance as part of a contract requirement, complete the following procedures.

Learn more

Reporting an Accident

There are six types of accidents that are reportable to Risk Management and Insurance.

Learn more


Risk Management and Insurance will cover the cost to repair, rebuild, or replace damaged equipment, furniture or supplies.

Learn more

Workers' Compensation Insurance

Workers' Compensation information for the university community.

Learn more

Rental Vehicles

Employees who travel for
university business may rent a
vehicle when it is necessary
or more economical than
other transportation options.

Learn More

Residence Living

Three things not to do while living in your dorm.

See Video


Personal property of individuals, including students, faculty, staff, contractors, and the public, is not covered by the university's insurance policies. Refer to your own personal insurance policies for possible coverage of your property.