Update Your Name
A photocopy of one of the following original documents must be submitted with the completed form:
- Birth certificate
- Legal Change of Name Certificate from Vital Statistics (or equivalent from your home country)
- Government issued Marriage Certificate
- Government issued Divorce Decree
A driver's license or passport are not accepted as proof of a legal name change.
Documents in a language other than English must be translated by a notarized translator.
Update Your Personal Information
- In your Student Centre go to “Personal Information” section
- Select “Names”, here you can view, add, change or delete a name
- Select the pencil icon to edit preferred name and add the effective date of the change.
- You can update your home (mailing) address.
- Entering an effective date for the change will allow you to enter a future-dated address.
- This will automatically update your home (mailing) address with the new address on the date you have entered.
- You can edit either your current home and other phone number.
- Please indicate a ‘preferred' contact phone number.
- You can update your campus and/or other email address.
- We strongly recommend you select "campus" as your preferred e-mail address. This should be an e-mail account you check frequently.
Submitting a change of name request does not alter your log-in information (eID) for myUofC services.
If you would like to request a new Student ID card, please visit the UNICARD Office.