How to apply for an Extenuating Circumstance Withdrawal:
NEW! Applications for an Extenuating Circumstance Withdrawal (EW) can now be made through the "My Service Requests" section of the Student Centre. To submit an application, follow these steps:
- Log into your Student Centre and navigate to My Service Requests
- Complete the application form in full.
- Attach your supporting documentation to the application.
- Submit your request.
- Check for status updates right in your Student Centre.
Please note that all information provided is confidential and will only be reviewed by the Registrar and the Associate Dean in your home Faculty. It is important that you withdraw from the term you are applying for by withdrawing from all course(s) before the withdrawal deadline. If you are applying for an EW for only one course, you will need to withdraw from the course.
If you do not have access to your Student Centre and wish to submit an application for an EW, please download the PDF form and follow the steps below instead.
- Submit a 1-2 page personal statement stating your grounds for an EW. You should provide sufficient details to explain your situation, how it has impacted your studies, timelines (onset, consultations, impact on decisions, delays in taking actions), action taken (support, treatment etc.) and plans to help manage your condition/situation (if applicable). Your explanation should be clear, factual and describe the outcome you are seeking. All information provided is confidential and will only be reviewed by the Registrar and the Associate Dean in your home Faculty.
Withdraw from the term you are applying for by withdrawing from all course(s) before the withdrawal deadline. If you are applying for extenuating circumstance withdrawal for only one course you will need to withdraw from the course.
Provide supporting documentation to accompany the information outlined in your personal statement.
Download the EW application form