- You must be an entering or continuing student in the Juris Doctor (JD) Program in the Faculty of Law, University of Calgary
- Bursaries are awarded based on financial need and academic merit Complete the financial information section of the “Law Awards application” to be considered for all bursaries including Differential Tuition Bursaries
- You must be paying the differential tuition fee to the Faculty of Law for the academic year in which the Differential Tuition Bursary is awarded
Apply for Other Awards
Current UCalgary students entering the JD program prior to completing an undergraduate degree may also be eligible to apply for Continuing Student Awards.
Eligibility for MD Program Bursaries
- You must be an entering or continuing student in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) Program at the University of Calgary
- Second and third year students in the MD program must have satisfied the previous year's academic requirements
- Bursaries are based on financial need. Complete the financial information section of the “Cumming School of Medicine Bursaries” application
- Students in the Bachelor of Health Sciences program (BHSc) are not eligible for MD awards. If youre entering the BHSc program, apply for Entrance Awards; current BHSc students should apply for Continuing Student Awards
Differential Tuition Bursaries
- To be eligible you must be paying the differential tuition fee to the Cumming School of Medicine for the academic year in which the Differential Tuition Bursary is awarded.
- You must also provide the Student Awards Office with proof of your outstanding government student loan debt (federal/provincial) to date.
Cumming School of Medicine Special Bursaries
- To receive a Special Bursary, you must be experiencing an exceptional, unanticipated financial hardship which has put you at serious risk of withdrawing from the MD program
- You must also be paying the differential tuition fee to the Cumming School of Medicine for the academic year in which the Special Bursary is awarded
- Complete the Medicine Special Bursaries question in the "Cumming School of Medicine Bursaries" application.
- Please do not send your documents or personal details to the Student Awards Office or Cumming School of Medicine. The Cumming School of Medicine will contact you in late August if more information is required.
Eligibility for Medical Elective Awards
- You must be a current student continuing in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the University of Calgary.
- Your plan for participating in medical electives must be officially approved by the UME (Undergraduate Medical Education) office
- Your elective must be a minimum of four weeks long however two consecutive, two-week electives are acceptable. Your electives don’t have to be completed at the same hospital.
- Elective awards are intended to assist with your travel costs; changes to the location, discipline and/or dates may affect your eligibility. Please notify the Student Awards Office of any changes to your medical elective(s).
- Completion of your medical elective(s) plan will be confirmed by the UME office before we can process your award and issue payment directly to you.
Apply for Other Awards
If you are a current UCalgary student entering the MD Program prior to completing your undergraduate degree you may also be eligible to apply for Continuing Student Awards.
- You must be entering or continuing in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at the University of Calgary.
- If you’re entering first year, you qualify for faculty-nominated DVM awards only; it isn’t necessary to submit an application for DVM awards.
- If you’re continuing in your second, third or fourth year of the DVM program, you are eligible for the faculty-nominated DVM awards and also for Continuing Student Awards.