All permissions posted as allow or block actions including changes and deletions are recorded and can be viewed in the Enroll Cntrl Change History tab. The Class Sec Change History tab details the exact sections that the permissions were applied to (example lab 1, lec 2, tut 2).
What Allow Actions do not override:
- Appointment time (or the open enrolment date)
- The requirement that the class be within the student's career
- Holds that are present on the record (i.e. negative service indicators which restrict enrolment)
- Enrolment limit of the class (except for AL12)
- Reserve capacity restrictions set up for the class (except for AL11)
- Time conflicts with existing class enrolments
- Maximum term enrolment limit of the student
- Any Block Action on the Enrolment Component for the same course (see About Block Actions below for more details)
More about Reserve Capacity - An Allow Action will not override a restriction of this type
Departments can control the access to individual class sections by establishing "reserve capacity" within the enrolment capacity for a class (for example you could have a class size of 50 in which 45 spots are available to non-majors and 5 are reserved for majors).
When entering the Allow action, you will get a warning message if the course being entered is affected by reserve capacity, but you may still wish to record the Allow Action so that it takes effect on the same date that the reserve capacity restriction is removed.
Applying Allow Actions to Multi-term Courses
When an Allow Action is applied to an 'A' course (PSYC 312A), an Allow Action must also be applied to the 'B' course (PSYC 312B), and vice-versa.
When an Allow Action is applied to an umbrella multi-term course (PSYC 312), the Allow Action applies to the umbrella course (PSYC 312), to the 'A' course (PSYC 312A), and to the 'B' course (PSYC 312B). Therefore, users need only apply the Allow Action once and it will be applied to all sections.
View step-by-step instructions by navigating to the Registration job aids > Allow Actions (also available in Online Training).
About Block Actions
These will be created by staff in Faculty Offices. A Block Action remains in effect until it is deleted from a student's record.
Note: If the option to specify a duration is used, the action will be interpreted by the system to be in effect for the specified term or maxi-term only.