International Student Services
International Student Services (ISS) provides advice and programs to support all international students adjusting to studies at the University of Calgary and to life in Canada.
Update for international students planning to come to Canada
IRCC is allowing International students with a valid study permit or study permit approval to enter Canada. If you are planning to start your program this fall in Canada, please do not plan to arrive any earlier than one month before the start of the fall 2021 semester.
- IRCC - Easing of restrictions for International students and travel to Canada – Effective August 9, travellers entering Canada will no longer need to complete the 3-day hotel quarantine.
- IRCC - Government of Canada's first phase to easing border measures for travellers entering Canada - Effective July 6, 2021, fully vaccinated travellers who are able to enter Canada will not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8
- IRCC - Study Permit: COVID-19 program delivery - contains policy, procedures and guidance for study permits during COVID.
- IRCC - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, temporary workers and students - Information on how COVID is affecting temporary residence applications for Canada.
- IRCC - Flights suspended for India - Details on flights suspended from India
- Alberta: Covid-19 Vaccine Program - Learn more about the COVID vaccine program in Alberta
If you plan to travel to Canada for the fall 2021 term, make sure you understand the quarantine requirements you will need to follow and review the Travel Canada website requirements for all travellers coming to Canada.
Important information on visas, study permits and work permits.
From arriving at the Calgary International Airport to setting up a Canadian Bank Account, we have resources to assist you!
Our programs and events are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of international students.
A wide range of support is available to all UCalgary International students.