International Student Services (ISS) has Regulated Immigration Advisors who are legally authorized to help with questions related to the following through booked advising appointments :
- Canadian immigration (including study permits, work permits, and visas)
- Canadian immigration options for partners/spouses and dependents of UCalgary students
Please have your UCalgary ID card with you. This is a 15-minute booked advising session. If you would like to book an ISS Advising appointment please book through Elevate and follow instructions here.
Our PR Specialist Advisor can provide guidance on options for students. Students first must attend a PR information session to receive general information. After the session, you may then book an individual appointment with our PR Specialist Advisor.
If you are a new international student, you are automatically enrolled in the Pre-arrival Program for International Students course on D2L. In the course, you will find information about:
- Setting up a Canadian bank account
- Getting a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Understanding your medical insurance options
- Understanding how to access health & wellness services
- Learning about resources for family members (partners/spouses & children)
- Accessing offices or resources on campus that can help you succeed in your personal or academic life
- Participating in social or leadership opportunities to build your social network in Calgary
Our website will also answer most of your questions. Complete the Pre-arrival course and/or review our website before making an appointment with us. If you still have a specific question after reviewing the resources, please make an appointment with an advisor for further guidance. Please book through Elevate and follow instructions here.