All full time academic staff interested in leadership; may be in a formal or informal academic leadership or is preparing for future leadership opportunities.
Format of Program:
In person, facilitated one-day workshop with up to 25 participants
Frequency of offering:
Two programs during the year (depending upon demand)
Participation in full day workshop
[to be inserted]
About this Program:
Immensely practical and hands-on, The Leadership Challenge is designed to inspire, engage and help emerging and experienced leaders develop the leadership skills needed to meet their unique leadership challenges.
This one-day workshop is based upon a certified program created by James Kouzes and Barry Posner, globally acclaimed researchers and authors of best-selling book, The Leadership Challenge. It is based upon almost 30 years of original research and data from over three million leaders from around the world. This program has been customized for the academic leadership environment and will include extensive opportunities for peer-to-peer discussion.
Benefits to participants:
- Identify their leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Clarify and communicate their fundamental values and beliefs
- Set the example for others by aligning their actions with shared values
- Express their images of the future
- Inspire others to share a common vision
- Search for opportunities to change and improve
- Experiment with innovative ideas and learn from accompanying mistakes
- Build collaboration and trust
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
- Apply learnings to a current leadership challenge