Facilities Development coordinates the execution of the university's Capital Program, comprising over $700 million of projects in the construction phase and more than $300 million in various stages of planning. Includes architecture, engineering, project management, real estate and records.
Facilities Development services
Space Design and Construction
Campus Planning, Architecture, Engineering and Project Management collaborate to lead and coordinate all space design and construction.
- Space Design standards
- New furniture orders
- Space modifications, renovations, and construction
- Resources for contractors, consultants and project managers
Interior and Exterior Signage
All public-facing indoor and outdoor signage is administered through Campus Architecture.
- Signage standards
- Permanent office, laboratory, classroom and wayfinding signage
- Temporary directional signage related to construction and renovation projects
- Manage all identified asbestos-containing materials in university owned facilities, including maintenance, renovation, demolition, or repair activities.
Real Estate and Leasing
- Directs property policy administration, needs assessments and market analysis
- Development and review of all lease documents, negotiations and administration
- Digital and hard copy drawings of the properties, buildings and resources managed by the university
Facilities Management is responsible for all activities associated with the routine, day-to-day use, support and maintenance of buildings or physical assets, including custodial services, pest control, snow removal, grounds care and trash-recycle removal. Includes operations & maintenance, caretaking, grounds, energy & utilities and fleet management.
Facilities Management services
Facility Zone Management
- Zone managers are the primary liaison between facilities and the occupants of buildings.
University Vehicles/Fleet Operations
- Centrally manage use of university owned, leased, or Rental Agency vehicles for university business
- Follow green cleaning standards to keep campuses clean and tidy
- Exterior maintenance and repair
- Landscape design
- Outdoor space use coordination
Recycling and Waste Management
- Divert waste streams from the landfill through recycling and composting efforts