Grounds for Appeal
Infraction tickets can be appealed on the basis of:
- Mechanical failure of a parking device but only if all devices within a lot have failed.
- A factual error in the issuing of a parking infraction, with regards to location, license plate number, or date and time.
- Genuine extenuating circumstances over which the appellant had no control
Appeals will not be accepted on tickets issued for:
- Parking on roadways.
- Parking in/blocking a fire lane, loading dock and/or no parking zone.
- Failure to display a valid permit or purchased receipt from the pay machine.
- Time on purchased receipt has expired.
If the infraction ticket meets one of the criteria listed above, the appeal process can be initiated.
- Tickets can be appealed within seven calendar days of issuance without payment.
- Between seven calendar days and 30 calendar days from issuance, ticket must be paid prior to appealing.
- Thirty calendar days after infraction ticket has been issued, no appeal will be accepted.
Tickets can be appealed online within 30 days of the infraction. A Notice of Objection form may also be obtained from the Parking and Transportation Services Office or by printing off this form and scanning or mailing the completed form into our office, along with any supporting documentation.
Mail: Campus Service Centre, International House, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N1N4
Note: The discount of $10 for payment within seven days of the date of infraction is still applicable when filing a Notice of Objection.