Traffic and Enforcement
Infraction tickets are given to vehicles that do not comply with the Parking and Transportation Regulations.
We issue tickets to gain compliance with this policy. Tickets range from $60 to $150 and if a vehicle displays a stolen, counterfeit, altered or illegally transferred permit, the ticket is $500.
If a ticket is unpaid for more than seven days, a reminder notice will be send to your residence. Should the ticket remain unpaid for 30 days or more, then the right to park on campus is suspended and the vehicle is subject to towing and impoundment.
View parking and traffic regulations here.
Payment of Fines
Parking fines can be paid online with a credit card.
Parking fines can also be paid at UCalgary Campus Service Centre, located in the Main Lobby of International House (169 University Gate NW). Fines are payable by cash, cheque, debit card, Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please note that cheques are not accepted for a tow release.
Parking staff are not permitted to discuss the validity of a ticket.
Parking tickets that remain outstanding are considered a debt to the university and may be subject to the filing of a withhold on a students' account. This withhold would not allow services to be received from the Registrar's office at the University of Calgary.
Grounds for Appeal
Infraction tickets can be appealed on the basis of:
- Mechanical failure of a parking device but only if all devices within a lot have failed.
- A factual error in the issuing of a parking infraction, with regards to location, license plate number, or date and time.
- Genuine extenuating circumstances over which the appellant had no control
Appeals will not be accepted on tickets issued for:
- Parking on roadways.
- Parking in/blocking a fire lane, loading dock and/or no parking zone.
- Failure to display a valid permit or purchased receipt from the pay machine.
- Time on purchased receipt has expired.
If the infraction ticket meets one of the criteria listed above, the appeal process can be initiated.
- Tickets can be appealed within seven calendar days of issuance without payment.
- Between seven calendar days and 30 calendar days from issuance, ticket must be paid prior to appealing.
- Thirty calendar days after infraction ticket has been issued, no appeal will be accepted.
Tickets can be appealed online within 30 days of the infraction. A Notice of Objection form may also be obtained from the Parking and Transportation Services Office or by printing off this form and scanning or mailing the completed form into our office, along with any supporting documentation.
Mail: Campus Service Centre, International House, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N1N4
Note: The discount of $10 for payment within seven days of the date of infraction is still applicable when filing a Notice of Objection.
Vehicles may be towed for any of the following reasons (but not limited to):
- Parking in violation of posted signs
- Blocking a fire lane or hydrant
- Blocking a roadway, drive or loading dock
- Blocking one or more other vehicles
- Creating a real or potential safety hazard
- Parking on the landscaping or sidewalk
- Blocking a garbage/recycling bin
- A vehicle with outstanding tickets
- Displaying a stolen, counterfeit, altered or illegally transferred permit
The cost of a standard tow / immobilization is currently $150 and is subject to change. A daily storage fee if $5 will also be levied.