Pivot provides faculty, research administrators, and students increased timely and relevant funding opportunities . The searchable database aggregates research funding opportunities allowing researchers and their administrators to seek out both broadly based and narrowly focused grant opportunities quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration—for anyone with a UCID.
Pivot is a power tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities—totaling billions of dollars and growing
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization from millions of profiles from leading research organizations worldwide
- Fosters collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Builds strong network connections for future opportunities
Sign Up Today
If you do not have a current COS account, you will need to create an account.
- Click on the Sign Up link and fill in the required fields including the name of the subscribing institution to which you belong
- Click the Create my account button. You will receive a verification email at the address entered in the account creation process which will include a link to Pivot.
- Your email address and the password your entered during account creation will be your Pivot username and password.
Once you are logged in to Pivot, you will receive a link to manage your account. Click on the "account" link next to your name for the following options to:
- Change account information – select this option to change your user ID (username) or password.
- Select your Pivot affiliation – this option is only display if your account is affiliated with more than one institution that subscribes to Pivot.
- Contact Help Desk – if you need additional assistance with your account, select this option to send information to the Help Desk.
- Institutional Settings for Funding Opps Search – allows you to disable any pre-set activity location and citizenship/residency requirements used when searching for funding, that have been established by your administrator.
- Internet Explorer 8.0* Note: we do not recommend using Internet Explorer 7 as you may experience reduced functionality
- Firefox 3.6.x and 4.x.
- Mac Chrome 10.6