Begin Open Studies in Fall 2019

Applications for the fall semester are open between June 1, 2019 to July 31, 2019.

Visiting students and Visiting student researcher

If you are completing degree requirements at another university, you can apply as a visiting student to complete academic work at the University of Calgary. If your home university has an official exchange agreement, you can apply as an exchange student. Once you’ve completed your studies with us, your academic work will be applied to the credential at your home institution.


Visiting Students

  • A letter of permission from your home institution indicating the specific courses approved to take an the term(s) approved to attend the University of Calgary
  • A copy of your home institution official transcript

Visiting Student Researcher

  • Require a letter of support from a UCalgary researcher/supervisor.
  • Additional immigration information for International students

Learn more about Visiting student researcher requirements

English Language Proficiency
Did you know?
English is the official language of instruction at the University of Calgary. All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency to be considered for admission:

How to apply

  1. To apply for Open Studies you must create an eID.

    Create eID

  2. Complete the Open Studies application.

    View application

  3. Pay a $125 non-refundable application fee. ($145 if you have international credentials).

    Pay fees

  4. Submit all transcripts, including proof of English language proficiency (if applicable).

    Learn more

Have questions? Email or call  +1.403.210.7625. 
NOTE: We're closed on weekends and Canadian statutory holidays.