- A letter of permission from your home institution indicating the specific courses approved to take and the term(s) approved to attend the University of Calgary
- A copy of your home institution official transcript
English Language Proficiency
English is the official language of instruction at the University of Calgary. All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency to be considered for admission.
How to apply as a Visiting Student
- Create an eID
- Complete your Open Studies application
- Pay a $125 non-refundable application fee. ($145 if you have international credentials)
- Upload all transcripts and your letter of permission from your home institution to your student portal (my.ucalgary.ca) and submit proof of English language proficiency (if applicable)
Undergraduate Visiting Student Researcher
A letter of support from a UCalgary researcher/supervisor detailing support for a specific research project that aligns with your studies at your home institution, is signed by the department head and indicates the duration (specific dates) you will be conducting research at the University of Calgary.
For questions regarding the immigration process, please complete the following assessment form.
How to apply as an Undergraduate Visiting Student Researcher
- Create an eID
- Compete your Open Studies application
- Pay a $125 non-refundable application fee ($145 if you have international credentials)
- Upload your letter of support to your student portal (my.ucalgary.ca)
After you have been admitted you must submit the International Visitor Category Assessment Form.
Find additional information on immigration requirements for international students on the International Student Services website.
Domestic students application deadline
- Fall: July 31
- Winter: November 30
- Spring/Summer: March 31/May 31
International students application deadline
- Fall: June 1
- Winter: October 1
- Spring/Summer: February 1