Working directly with faculties and guided by the University of Calgary's Strategic Research Plan, the Institutional Programs team provides a framework for the identification, qualification, development, submission and award management for major institutionally prioritized programs.
The Institutional Programs portfolio consists of high risk, high reward, highly complex, and multi-partner programs, often with commercialization as a desired outcome.
This team builds teams; teams of strategic professionals (including consulting, project management, intellectual property, legal, financial, industrial relations, government relations, philanthropic development, etc) to work with the lead faculty and scientist to develop funding strategies, business plans and superior Institutional Research Priority proposals.
The Institutional Programs team oversees agency programs including but not limited to:
- Alberta Innovation and Advanced Education (formerly Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education or EAE)
- Canada Excellence Research Chairs
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Genome Alberta
- Networks of Centres of Excellence
- Western Economic Diversification, and
- Major Tricouncil Grants