To streamline the process and to simplify the adjudication and administration of the University Research Grants (URGC) programs, the Vice-President (Research) is pleased to announce the following changes:
Vice-President (Research) Programs
The Office of the Vice-President (Research) will be offering the following Grants to faculty members, graduate students and scholars to support them with their endeavors. Questions and Applications for these Grants can be submitted to VPR Awards. All applications require your Dean's signature.
- Conference and Workshop Grants – **Currently no applications are being accepted until further notice** This grant provides funding support to national or international conferences or workshops of scholarly significance being held in the Calgary area (including Banff and Kananaskis).
- Faculty Conference Travel Grants – This grant provides travel funding support for faculty members to allow them to personally present the results of their original research, scholarship, and creative activity at national or multi-national scholarly forums.
- Thesis and Dissertation Research Grants – This grant provides funding support to graduate students with exceptional costs that are essential to the completion of their thesis/dissertation projects.
Faculty of Graduate Studies
- International Graduate Student Conference Travel Grants – This program is being transferred to the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) to be administered concurrently with their current Graduate Student Conference Travel Grants - University Awards: Travel Awards – International Students.
The University Research Grants Committee (URGC) Seed Grant Program will continue to be managed by Research Services. While the application process will remain the same as in previous years with the review and adjudication completed by the URGC Subcommittees, there will be only 1 competition annually held in the winter term:
- Faculty Seed Grants (Science, Engineering, and Medicine)
- Faculty Seed Grants (Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Partnership Seed Grants
Margaret Gunn Endowment
- Animal Research – supports research in animal health and behavior, with special attention to agriculture (funding from the Margaret Gunn Endowment for Animal Research)
For more information on the URGC Programs or Margaret Gunn Endowment, please contact the Internal Grants Research Officer.