The Sustainable Development Goals Alliance is a supportive community of student groups. Students collaborate with other clubs to solve sustainability issues on local and global levels. Together, member club's initiatives achieve greater reach and impact. Members are also consulted on the development of institutional sustainability programs and strategies and play an important role in making sustainability part of the campus experience. The SDGA's mission is to amplify youth voices and action towards building a more sustainable world, which we act on through our three core pillars:
- To encourage multidisciplinary collaboration, networking, and the transfer of ideas, experiences, and perspectives through Student Engagement
- To increase knowledge and build capacity to address local and global issues related to sustainable development through Community Training
- To raise awareness and calls to action on local and global issues, on campus and in the community, through Regional Advocacy
- Exchange ideas, lessons learned and best practices.
- Discover opportunities for cross-promotion and partnership.
- Strengthen funding applications, project management processes, event planning and promotion through guidance and support from the Office of Sustainability and other alliance members.
- Host club meetings, workshop and events at the Sustainability Resource Centre at no cost.
- Connect with other students, faculty, staff and community members working to address similar issues.
View this section to explore previous works, including articles, case studies, graphic recordings and more.
AASHE Case Study
Leveraging student leadership to build campus capacity for Sustainable Development Goals implementation: a case study on the University of Calgary’s Sustainable Development Goals Alliance.
Storytelling the SDGs 2019
Sustainable Development Goals Alliance event prompts deep discussion from panellists, community members, students