Student Sustainability Opportunities
Gain hands-on experience and spark meaningful change in your community with the following student programs.
Being part of the alliance has helped me learn more about how I can influence more sustainable practices on campus, and encouraged me to keep practicing sustainability in my daily life.
Community Garden Club member
Sustainability Ambassador Program
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are now open.
Join a supportive community of student volunteers just like you. When you become a Sustainability Ambassador, you'll get a deeper understanding of environmental and social issues, and how to address them.
You'll support sustainability initiatives on campus and in the community - all while inspiring others to adopt sustainable practices. Choose initiatives that match your skills and interests, and decide your time commitment so it works with your schedule.
- Meet like-minded people and expand your networks on campus and in the community.
- Contribute to meaningful initiatives that support themes such as climate action and sustainable development.
- Get credit on your Co-Curricular Record when you contribute more than 20 hours over the academic year. The record is a formal recognition of your out-of-classroom UCalgary experiences.
Peer Helper Program
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are now CLOSED.
Sustainability Peer Helpers are dedicated leadership roles that involve collaborating with other students, faculty, staff and community groups through the development and execution of Campus as Learning as Learning Lab projects. Under the guidance of the Office of Sustainability staff, Peer Helpers develop and implement sustainability projects or outreach initiatives across campus to support the achievement of the University’s Institutional Sustainability Strategy.
Sustainable Development Goals Alliance
The Sustainable Development Goals Alliance is a supportive community of student groups. You’ll collaborate with other clubs to solve sustainability issues on local and global levels. As a member, your club’s initiatives will achieve greater reach and impact. Members are also consulted on the development of institutional sustainability programs and strategies and play an important role in making sustainability part of the campus experience.
- Exchange ideas, lessons learned and best practices.
- Discover opportunities for cross-promotion and partnership.
- Strengthen funding applications, project management processes, event planning and promotion through guidance and support from the Office of Sustainability and other alliance members.
- Host your club meetings, workshop and events at the Sustainability Resource Centre at no cost.
- Connect with other students, faculty, staff and community members working to address similar issues.
How can my club join?
- Email: email@example.com
- Reach out on Facebook