- Receive 1:1 advising to discuss professional and career development goals
- Receive guidance on applications for graduate and professional school
- Review personal statements and CVs for scholarships, awards, and applications
- Attend personal and professional development workshops
- Access private Scholars Lounge, which includes a full kitchenette, lockers, study spaces, projector space for presentations, and a piano
- Access Career and Professional Development Awards
- Opportunity to live in Scholars Academy floor in Residence
- Engage in service-learning projects by partnering with local not-for-profit organizations to help resolve specific issues they face
- Participate in a panel of speaker series to share diverse insights on personal and professional growth
- Mentor First Year Scholars in your faculty and program as they navigate university
- Engage in thoughtful and exciting discussions on a variety of topics during Tea Talks
- Connect with a community of passionate and driven peers from across all disciplines
- Be paired with an esteemed community mentor
- Attend various networking opportunities with current students, alumni, community mentors, and advisory council members
- Attend various social events
- Attend Fall Retreat in Banff
Through the support of Scholars Academy, students grow in the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Project management
- Networking skills
- Social responsibility
- Strategic planning
- Leadership skills
- Research and evaluation
Who can apply?
Highly motivated and intellectually curious students who want to maximize their potential are encouraged to apply. Upper year undergraduate students (who are not in their final year) and first year students who have completed their first semester are eligible to apply.
When is the deadline to apply?
There are two deadlines for applications:
Advance deadline: January 5, 2020
Students who apply for this deadline and are accepted will have immediate access to all program benefits, in addition to early course registration. Only upper year students are eligible to apply for this deadline.
Traditional deadline: March 15, 2020
Students who apply for this deadline and are accepted will have access to program benefits; however, most programming begins in the fall. All undergraduate students, including first years are eligible to apply for this deadline.
- Read our application FAQ manual
- Follow us on Twitter: UofCSAP
- Like us on Facebook: UofCScholarsAcademy
- Come to any of the following info sessions:
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., MSC 458 (MacEwan Student Centre, 4th floor)
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., TFDL 320 (Scholars Lounge)
- Wednesday, Feb. 26, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., TFDL 320 (Scholars Lounge)