Work with Us
The University of Calgary Campus Security Department is a progressive security service, dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to the campus community. To accomplish this, we utilize a wide variety of technology and provide our Security Members with advanced training.
Campus Security recruits dynamic individuals who can provide superior customer service to our community. These individuals must meet a set of criteria that demonstrates they have the requisite skills to fulfill the role of the Campus Security Member.
Our staff work 24 hours per day on a year round basis. The position can be demanding and unpredictable with high stress factors and moderate physical demands with tasks ranging from the routine to the highly critical.
- work rotating 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Hours balance out to 40 hours per week. Staff may be required to work extended hours
- promote and facilitate a safe and secure learning and living environment at the university
- patrol university grounds and buildings to prevent and detect criminal activity
- respond to routine and emergency situations
- multitask in a fast-paced dispatch centre
- establish and foster partnerships within the campus community and perform other duties as required, while adhering to university policy and accepted guidelines.
Are you Right for the Job?
- Review the University of Calgary career website for current postings and apply online.
- Candidates must possess at a minimum:
- A valid class 5 driver's licence with less than 6 demerit points
- A valid Security Services Worker license
- Current First Aid with CPR C certificate
- Completion of a two year certificate diploma in a social science or related discipline, or
- A background in security/policing
- Candidates who are chosen for an interview will be required to provide a criminal records search (including vulnerable sector) and a current driver's license abstract
- Candidates will be expected to answer a series of employment related questions, complete a writing proficiency test, and participate in a role-playing scenario
- All selected candidates will attend a two week induction training course followed by a five-and-a-half month field training period with a dedicated training team.
Working with Campus Security
- a progressive and exciting work environment
- a respectful work place where you feel valued
- excellent in-service training.