The University of Calgary Campus Security Department is a progressive security service, dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to the campus community. To accomplish this, we utilize a wide variety of technology and provide our Security Members with advanced training.
Campus Security recruits dynamic individuals who can provide superior customer service to our community. These individuals must meet a set of criteria that demonstrates they have the requisite skills to fulfill the role of the Campus Security Member.
Our staff work 24 hours per day on a year round basis. The position can be demanding and unpredictable with high stress factors and moderate physical demands with tasks ranging from the routine to the highly critical.
- work rotating 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Hours balance out to 40 hours per week. Staff may be required to work extended hours
- promote and facilitate a safe and secure learning and living environment at the university
- patrol university grounds and buildings to prevent and detect criminal activity
- respond to routine and emergency situations
- multitask in a fast-paced dispatch centre
- establish and foster partnerships within the campus community and perform other duties as required, while adhering to university policy and accepted guidelines.