All Department Heads, Associate Deans and Equivalents
Format of Program:
Monthly 2.5 hour interactive workshops with a strong peer to peer learning element.
By invitation only
About this Program:
Department Heads, Associate Deans and Equivalents participate, on a voluntary basis, in monthly leadership development workshops. The sessions are highly interactive, and discussion based. The topics are designed to resonate with real-life leadership situations and optimize peer-to-peer learning. Guest experts and facilitators are often leveraged as part of this program.
Topic areas are informed through consultation with the participants, Deans and the Provost.
Recent Topics Include:
- Emotional Intelligence in the Academy
- The Social Leader: Social Media and Leadership
- Developing a Culture of Collegiality
- Strategic Planning for your Department or Area of Responsibility
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Developing a Coach Like Approach in your Leadership Style
- Delegation without Authority
- Creating a High-Performance Team in the Academy
- Supporting Teaching Excellence: Feedback, Coaching and Mentorship
- Annual Orientation for New Department Heads, Associate Deans and Equivalents (one day program)