A city of choice
Top 10 reasons to live in Calgary
How does Calgary measure up?
In addition to being a great place to study, Calgary is also a fun place to live. Our dining and shopping options are endless, we’re home to numerous major sports teams, and we have a dynamic arts and culture scene. Here are a few fun facts about how Calgary compares with other cities in Canada and around the world.
1. One of the safest major cities in Canada (Statistics Canada, 2012)
2. One hour from the Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park
3. Ranked the 4th most livable city worldwide (The Economist Intelligence Unit, 2018)
4. Canada’s energy and innovation hub with the most head offices per capita (FP500 Database, 2014)
5. Composed of a diverse population: 28% of Calgary’s 1.2 million citizens are immigrants (Statistics Canada, 2011)
6. Home to 6,000 restaurants, theatres, and patios
7. Host city of the 1988 Olympic Winter Games
8. Canada’s sunniest city, with 333+ annual days of sunshine (Calgary Economic Development, 2015)
9. The world’s cleanest city (Mercer Global Financial, 2014)
10. Home to North America’s most extensive urban pathway and bikeway system (City of Calgary, 2015)