Documents and transcripts

Official transcripts are documents sent directly to our admissions office from the Department of Education and/or other institutions maintaining such records. 

Dates and deadlines

What makes a transcript official?

Official transcripts are documents sent directly to the admissions office from institutions maintaining such records, such as the Department of Education.

Mailing address:

Admissions and Recruitment 
MB 117, 2500 University Drive NW 
Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4


Alberta institutions

If you have attended a high school or post-secondary institution in Alberta, that participates in ApplyAlberta, the University of Calgary will obtain your transcripts on your behalf. There is no need to send them to us.

British Columbia high schools

Please arrange to have your transcripts sent to us, using the Post-Secondary Institutions (PSI) Selections form through BC Ministry of Education’s website. After you complete the PSI form, we are scheduled to receive your transcripts in January, May and July. If you apply for admission or have updated information to report between January and March, please arrange to have an interim unofficial transcript sent to us from your school by March 15, 2018.

Ontario high schools

Please send us an initial transcript. We will request your final transcripts on your behalf. Be sure to provide us with your Ontario Universities Application (OUAC) reference number so that we can access your transcripts. You can provide it on your application for admission.

All other Canadian and international institutions

You must request for your official transcripts to be sent directly to the admissions office at the University of Calgary. You may provide us with unofficial transcripts to start your admission review process; however, official copies must be sent before the final transcripts deadlines noted above.

Please note:
Transcripts received by the admissions office become the property of the University of Calgary and cannot be returned. If you require the originals to be returned, please contact us for assistance.