Submitted by cschasny on Wed, 11/16/2016 - 11:12am
HR Services team (Partners, HR Advisors [AUPE/MaPS and Academic] and HR Coordinators) have been assigned to Faculty and Units to provide HR Services (Strategic, Decision Support and Transactional) and are available to answer your specific questions.
The roles of the HRS team are defined below in order to assist you with determining who to direct your inquiry to.
- Provides strategic and complex decision support to senior leaders (AVPs, Deans, Directors etc.) across all staff groups (Support and Academic
- Assists Advisors with complex HR matters, such as workplace organizational reviews, employee labour and employee relations issues, academic relations, accommodations, workplace investigations, and grievances etc.
- Provides HR decision support to managers and employees with day to day HR matters such as recruitment, performance management, employee and labour relations (grievance, investigations etc.), Attendance Support Program, Job Classifications, Disability management etc.
- Provides HR Academic decision support to the faculties with day to day HR academic matters such as recruitment, sessional appointments, outside professional activity, assessment and merit, Academic Performance reports (Academic Report Online in the Cumming School of Medicine), special leaves, research and scholarship leaves, administrative leaves, immigration support, visiting scholars etc.
- Provides supports to Deans, Vice Deans, Department Heads, Associate Deans with Academic Processes – Merit, Renewals, Promotion, Tenure, Research & Scholarship Leaves, Market Supplements etc.
- Provides HR Transactional support to reports to managers and employees, such as Job Changes Requests, Template Based Hires, Terminations/ Resignations, Job Profile Database, Job Opening Requests, Time sheets, HR Standard Reporting, expiring appointments/ Work permits
- Special requests for HR Reports
- Administrative support for Academic Processes – APR, Merit, Promotion, Research & Scholar Leaves, Academic and Sessional Instructor Hires, Online Academic Document Management Systems (OADM) etc.
- Administrative support for HR Advisors and HR Partners