Respiratory Protection Program
The Respiratory Protection Program is in place to decrease potential risks to employees who may be exposed to breathing hazards. It is mandatory for all employees who use respirators to be fit tested every two years.
Arranging Respirator Fit Testing
Faculty and staff required to wear a respirator must follow the steps below. All steps must be completed before every fit test, including biannual re-fittings.
Respirator-Specific Fitting Instructions
- 3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+ (Wear It Right Poster)
- 3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+ (Video)
- 3M™ VFlex™ Series Respirators 9105/s (Wear it Right Poster)
- 3M™ VFlex™ Series Respirators 9105/s (Video)
- 3M™ 8110s/8210 (Wear it Right Poster)
- 3M™ 8110s/8210 (Video)
- 3M™ Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator (5000/6000 Series)
- 3M™ Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6000 Series
- Mask vs. Respirator (Video)