1. Remove any contaminated clothing, if possible.
2. Allow the exposure site to bleed freely.
3. Cleanse the site through washing with soap and water.
Use waterless hand cleaner if soap and water unavailable. A skin antiseptic can be used for skin exposure.
4. For mucous membrane exposure, flush site(s) with water or saline.
5. Immediately get assessed by a physician.
Immediately proceed to the nearest emergency room or department for assessment by a physician. Ensure WCB documentation is completed by physician.
6. Report to your supervisor/manager as soon as is practicable.
7. Supervisor/manager submits an OARS Report
Supervisor/manager submits a Level 2 incident (minimum) through the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS) within 24 hours of being notified.