Filming and Photography on University Property

All requests for third party filming/photography that is not part of regular departmental business operations, must go through the UCalgary Accommodations and Events office for approval.

A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required to ensure proper time to receive and sign the necessary documents, but 30 days’ notice is preferred.

  • A certificate of insurance for a minimum of 2 million dollars Canadian, naming “The Governors at The University of Calgary” as an "additional insured" is required for all external filming companies requesting to film on campus.
  • A Workers’ Compensation Certificate of Insurance for any company onsite will be required.
  • A formal contract agreement will be prepared outlining the details and is to be signed by both parties.
  • All of the above documents must be completed before the first date of filming/photography.

Further information can be found at:

If you have a request for filming/photography, please complete the online form.

Updated: Jan 2, 2022

Adult Media Recording and Release Form
View >>

Child Media Recording and Release Form
View >>