Visitors are welcome at all seminars!
Internal seminars 2018/2019
Standard time is Wednesday 2:30-3:30pm. Standard location is SB 605D.
April 3: Ayush Mandwal (A biochemical mechanism for time-encoding memory formation within individual synapses of Purkinje cells)
Complexity science seminars & colloquia
- Seung-Woo Son (Hanyang University): When percolation meets complex networks
Sept. 14, 2018, 4pm, SB146
- Yong-Yeol Ahn (Indiana University Bloomington): What do brain and society have in common?
Sept. 28, 2018, 4pm, SB146
- Grzegorz Kwiatek (GFZ German Research Centre of Geosciences): Complexity of spatiotemporal microfracturing processes and stress field evolution before and after fault slip: Laboratory perspective
Oct. 29, 2018, 2pm, ES136
- Grzegorz Kwiatek (GFZ German Research Centre of Geosciences): Controlling Fluid-Induced Seismicity during a 6.1-km-deep Geothermal Stimulation in Finland
Oct. 31, 2018, 3pm, ES115
Upcoming external events
- Session on "Pattern formation and statistical mechanics on non-equilibrium systems", 2018 CAP Congress, June 11-15 2018
Canadian Association of Physicists, Halifax, Canada
Organizers: Jörn Davidsen (U.Calgary), Harm Rotermund (Dalhousie), Stephen Morris (U.Toronto)
- "International Symposium on Complexity Science Approaches to Brain Dynamics", Oct. 2-3 2018
Organizers: Seung-Woo Son (Hanyang University & U. Calgary), Jörn Davidsen (U.Calgary), Javier Orlandi (U. Calgary)
- "International Workshop on Function, Information Spreading, and Percolation in Brain Networks", May 13-15 2019
Organizers: Seung-Woo Son (Hanyang University & U. Calgary), Jörn Davidsen (U.Calgary), Javier Orlandi (RIKEN, Japan)