The University of Calgary offers scholarships and bursaries to students enrolled in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- Eligibility: Open to students entering or continuing in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program at the University of Calgary. Students entering the first year of the program are eligible for nominated awards only. Students continuing in second, third or fourth year are eligible for both nominated awards and Undergraduate Awards for Continuing Students, which requires an award application.
- Application: Submit the Continuing Undergraduate Awards application available June 1 in the online Student Centre through the MyUofC portal (https://my.ucalgary.ca).
DEADLINE: August 1, 2013.
Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by the faculty.
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email for nominated awards in August; for competitive awards at the end of November.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms. Exceptions may be made for students who are completing their degree in the upcoming academic year.
- Payment: With the exception of nominated awards, award funds are paid to a student's Winter tuition and fees.