The University of Calgary offers a robust program of scholarships, awards and bursaries to students enrolled in the Faculty of Law JD program.
- Eligibility: Open to students entering or continuing in the Faculty of Law JD program at the University of Calgary.
- Application: Competitive awards: Submit the Faculty of Law Awards application, available February 1 in the online Student Centre through the MyUofC portal (https://my.ucalgary.ca).
DEADLINE: May 1, 2013.
Students who complete the Law Awards application are also considered for Differential Tuition bursaries, provided the applicant submits proof of all outstanding government student loan debt. To be eligible for a Differential Tuition Bursary, a student must be paying the differential tuition fee to the Faculty of Law for the academic year in which the differential bursary is awarded.
Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by the faculty.
- Notification: Award recipients are notified by email in July; Differential Tuition Bursaries recipients are notified in August.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms.
- Payment: Award funds are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter Terms, and are automatically applied to outstanding tuition and fees. Award values stated as ‘tuition and fees’ do not include differential fees.