The University of Calgary offers scholarships and bursaries to students applying to the University on the basis of their high school grades.
- Value: $500 - $7,500.
- Eligibility: Open to students entering first year in an undergraduate degree program in the Fall Term. Students entering the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program or the English for Academic Purposes + Degree program are not eligible for these awards, and should apply prior to entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program. The scholarship average is based on the final grades of five Grade 11 courses (or the final grades of five Grade 12 courses, if available).
- Application: Competitive awards: Submit the High School Awards application, available November 1 in the online Student Centre through the MyUofC portal (https://my.ucalgary.ca).
There are two deadlines for the High School Awards competition:
EARLY DEADLINE: December 15, 2013. Students who apply by the early deadline are considered for all high school awards including Chancellor's Club Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards and BHSc Scholarships.
FINAL DEADLINE: March 1, 2014. Students who apply between December 16, 2013 and March 1, 2014 are considered for all high school awards excluding Chancellor's Club Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards and BHSc Scholarships.
- Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by their faculties and departments.
REMINDER: As part of the process of applying for admission, the University of Calgary issues a UCID number to each prospective student. This UCID number (or student ID) is required to apply for student awards. Formal or early admission to the University of Calgary is not required before applying for awards.
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email at the beginning of June, and must accept their award in the online Student Centre.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms.
- Payment: Award funds are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter Terms, and are automatically applied to outstanding tuition and fees.