The University of Calgary offers scholarships and bursaries to:
1. Students newly admitted to the University of Calgary and receiving a minimum equivalent of 24.00 units of transfer credit completed at another post-secondary institution. Selections are based on the final admission average calculated by the Admissions office.
2. Students returning to the University of Calgary after attending another post-secondary institution as a visiting or exchange student and receiving a minimum equivalent of 24.00 units of transfer credit. Selections are based on the grade equivalents received from the host institution.
- Eligibility: Open to students with a minimum equivalent of 24.00 units of transfer credit who are admitted to the University of Calgary in the Fall term and are pursuing their first undergraduate degree or to students returning to the University of Calgary after attending another post-secondary institution as a visiting or exchange student. Transfer courses that are extra to the degree are not included in the minimum equivalent.
Competitive awards: Submit the Transfer Awards application available in August in the online Student Centre through the MyUofC Portal (www.ucalgary.ca).
DEADLINE: October 1, 2010
Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by the Admissions office.
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email in November.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter terms.
- Payment: Award monies are paid to a student's Winter tuition and fees. Excess award funds are processed by the end of February (Winter term) and paid directly to the student via direct deposit (Direct Deposit form available through the Human Resources office - Administration Building 202 or the Student Awards and Financial Aid website: www.ucalgary.ca/awards).