The University of Calgary offers awards to students enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program in the Faculty of Medicine who are participating in a medical elective. Medical Elective Awards are intended to assist medical students with the costs associated in pursuing their elective(s).
- Eligibility: Open to students continuing in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program who are participating in a medical elective approved by the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) office.
- Application: Submit the Medical Elective Awards application available in February in the online Student Centre through the MY U OF C portal (www.ucalgary.ca).
DEADLINE: April 1, 2010.
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email in May.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain enrollment in the Doctor of Medicine program. Confirmation of completion or approval of the elective(s) must be received from the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) office before the award payment is processed. Please notify the Student Awards and Financial Aid office (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding any changes to the location, date and/or discipline of the elective(s). The elective must be at least two weeks in duration.
- Payment: Award monies are paid directly to the student once the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) office confirms completion or approval of the elective(s).