The University of Calgary offers awards to student athletes participating on varsity athletic teams. Student athletes may be eligible for other awards at the University of Calgary – please refer to award categories listed elsewhere in this Calendar.
- Eligibility: Open to members of a University of Calgary varsity athletic team registered full time in the current fall and winter terms. Students must have completed the previous fall and winter terms as a full-time student and earned a minimum GPA of 2.00 at the University of Calgary, unless otherwise stated in the award conditions.
- Application: Not required. The Student Awards and Financial Aid office, in consultation with the Department of Athletics, receives nominations for these awards from coaches of University of Calgary athletic teams.
Athletic Awards are offered annually and are subject to Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) regulations. For further information, contact the Director of Athletics, Faculty of Kinesiology (email@example.com).
- Notification: Successful recipients are notified by email in January.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrollment through the immediate fall and winter terms.
- Payment: Award monies are paid to a student's winter tuition and fees. Excess award funds are processed by the end of February (winter term) and paid directly to the student via direct deposit (Direct Deposit form available through the Human Resources office - Administration Building 202 or the Student Awards and Financial Aid website: www.ucalgary.ca/awards).
Award values stated as ‘tuition and fees’ do not include differential tuition fees.