The University of Calgary offers scholarships and bursaries to students applying to the University on the basis of their high school grades.
- Eligibility:Open to students entering first year in an undergraduate degree program in the Fall term.Students entering the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program or the English for Academic Purposes + Degree program are not eligible for these awards and should apply prior to entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
- Application: Competitive awards: Submit the High School Awards application available in November in the on-line Student Centre through the MY U OF C portal (www.ucalgary.ca).
There are two deadlines for the High School Awards competition:
EARLY DEADLINE: December 15, 2010
Students who apply by the early deadline are considered for all high school awards including Chancellor's Club Scholarships, the Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards, and University of Calgary Entrance Awards for International Students.
FINAL DEADLINE: April 1, 2011
Students who apply between December 16, 2010 and April 1, 2011 are considered for all high school awards excluding Chancellor's Club Scholarships, the Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards, and University of Calgary Entrance Awards for International Students.
- Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by their faculties and departments.
REMINDER: As part of the process of applying for admission, the University of Calgary issues a UCID number to each incoming student. This UCID number (or student ID) is required to apply for student awards. Formal or early admission to the U of C is not required before applying for awards
- Notification: Recipients are notified by email at the end of May and must accept their award in the on-line Student Centre.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter terms.
- Payment: Award monies are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter terms and are applied to outstanding tuition and fees. Excess award funds are processed by the end of October (Fall term) and by the end of February (Winter term) and paid directly to the student via direct deposit (Direct Deposit form available through the Human Resources office - Administration Building 202 or the Student Awards and Financial Aid website: www.ucalgary.ca/awards).