UCalgary is committed to establishing an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and accessible campus that is free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. It is important to acknowledge that discriminatory behaviours towards members of our community may be present when perceptions of non-compliance are addressed.
We encourage members of the University community to remove barriers for equity-deserving groups, including women, Indigenous peoples, visible/racialized minorities, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ2S+, and to reinforce actions that reflect our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. For more support you can access resources through Protected Disclosure, the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and the Office of Indigenous Engagement.
Preparing for return to in-person classes
- Connect with the members of your teaching team (co-instructors, course coordinator, teaching
assistants, teaching support staff), to discuss your plans.
- Develop a plan for situations that may arise through the term including supporting students and staff who may become ill and strategies for managing issues that can arise during classes, tutorials and labs.
- Connect with students ahead of the first day of class to share information and expectations
related to mask protocols, in-class engagement and interactions with you and your team.
First day of returning to in-person classes
- Review protocols with students and establish clear classroom/lab expectations around these
- Include links to resources available through the Student Wellness Services and the Student
Success Centre, where students can seek additional help and support throughout the semester.
- Ensure students are aware of what to do if they are ill and/or experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Share with students how in-person learning activities will be structured including what kinds of
learning activities students can expect, and how safety and accessibility will be maintained.