Registration — Getting Started!
To get ready to register, follow the steps below:
- Check the time of your enrolment appointment
- Review the first year Degree Guide and connect with an academic advisor about program requirements and course selections
- Log in to your Student Centre, complete your registration initialization (click on the "Enroll" link under the "Academics" section)
- Continue to Schedule Builder to plan your courses for the upcoming year and register
|Terms||View Schedule||Add to Shopping Cart||Registration Dates|
|Fall 2017/Winter 2018||March 1, 2017||March 7, 2017||May 1-5, 2017|
You'll be assigned a personal enrolment appointment — an exact date and time you can begin to register. This is posted in your Student Centre on the right side under "Enrolment Dates" (see below). You can register anytime from the start of your appointment time to the registration deadline.
Finding Courses Using the Degree Guide
The Degree Guide is your recommended course pattern and it's important that you follow this pattern. Many first-year courses are required (also known as pre-requisites) for second-year courses. Plan ahead so you'll have the right pre-requisite for your second-year courses. Make a list of your required courses and select some option courses.
Options are courses that count towards your degree, but aren't required. Choose courses that interest you, or ones that'll supplement your program, your advisor can help you with this. Some degree programs recommend you take specific options — these options are listed in your first-year degree guide under "Courses Required in Your First Year". Options tend to fill up quickly, so it's good to have a few alternatives selected.
Search for Courses and Create a Schedule
- Once you've determined your courses using the Degree Guide and connected with an academic advisor, use the online Schedule Builder tool to view your schedule options.
- Make sure you select a few alternate times or courses in case your first choices are full.
- Many high-demand courses are offered more than once in any given term, so you should be able to select a different lecture time if your first choice selection is full.
Watch for course restrictions!
Many courses are reserved for students who've been admitted to a specific degree program, or to a particular major. Restrictions tell you who can register for the course during which dates. At times you'll need to wait for a restriction to expire before you can register in a course. In Schedule Builder you can view restrictions by looking at the course details on the "Results" panel.
How to Register
Need Help with Course Registration?
Additional Registration Videos
Check out our video tutorials for additional help.