Update Your Name
A photocopy of one of the following original documents must be submitted with the completed form:
- Legal Change of Name Certificate from Vital Statistics (or equivalent from your home country)
- Government issued Marriage Certificate
- Government issued Divorce Decree
A driver's license or passport are not accepted as proof of a legal name change.
Documents in a language other than English must be translated by a notarized translator.
Update Your Personal Information
Go to the "Other Personal" drop down menu under the "Personal Information" tab in your Student Centre.
Click on "edit" to update personal information. Use the tabs at the top to update your contact information.
- You can update your home (mailing) address.
- Entering an effective date for the change will allow you to enter a future-dated address.
- This will automatically update your home (mailing) address with the new address on the date you have entered.
- You can edit either your current home and other phone number.
- Please indicate a ‘preferred' contact phone number.
- You can update your campus and/or other email address.
- We strongly recommend you select "campus" as your preferred e-mail address. This should be an e-mail account you check frequently.
Submitting a change of name request does not alter your log-in information (eID) for myUofC services.
If you would like to request a new Student ID card, please visit the UNICARD Office.