Registration — Getting Started!
As a continuing student, you've already completed some studies at the University of Calgary. The following steps will help you with the registration process. Register on time for the best course selection!
- Check the time of your enrolment appointment
- Speak with an academic advisor about program requirements and course selections
- Log in to your Student Centre, complete your registration initialization (click on the "Enroll" link under the "Academics" section) and ensure there are no holds on your account
- Continue to Schedule Builder to plan your courses for the upcoming year and register
|Terms||View Schedule||Add to Shopping Cart||Registration Dates|
|Spring/Summer 2017||January 4, 2017||January 16, 2017||February 6, 2017 starting at 10 a.m.|
|Fall 2017/Winter 2018||March 1, 2017||March 7, 2017||
March 27-31, 2017
Each student is assigned a personal enrolment appointment — an exact date and time you can begin to register. It's posted in your Student Centre on the right side under “Enrolment Dates” (see below). You can register anytime from the start of your appointment time to the registration deadline.
How to Register
Search for Courses and Create a Schedule
- Confirm the required courses for your program in Degree Navigator or with your academic advisor.
- Use our Schedule Builder tool to enter your selected courses and generate conflict-free timetable options.
- Make sure you select a few alternate times or courses in case your first choices are full.
Watch for course restrictions!
Many courses are reserved for students who've been admitted to a specific degree program, or to a particular major. Restrictions tell you who can register for the course during which dates. At times you'll need to wait for a restriction to expire before you can register in a course. In Schedule Builder you can view restrictions by looking at the course details on the "Results" panel.
Check out our video tutorials for additional help.