Visiting & Exchange Students

Visiting Students

A visiting student is admitted to the University of Calgary to take courses that transfer to a degree program at another recognized institution. The letter of permission is provided by your home institution with their approval for you to attend the University of Calgary. The letter of permission indicates the intended term of study and the courses you are approved to take.

Visiting Students apply through Open Studies as follows:

  1. Create an eID
  2. Complete the Open Studies Application
  3. Submit all transcripts, including proof of English Language Proficiency
  4. Pay a $125.00 non-refundable application fee

Exchange Students

Contact the exchange office at your home university to find out if we have a formal exchange partnership. Applications must be sent by the exchange coordinator from your home university and you must follow their deadlines and application requirements. 

To apply online:

1. Create an eID

2. Complete the online application

To apply by paper:

Complete the paper application form.