Ask Me

The Ask Me program enables staff and faculty across campus to help new students with a variety of topics. When students see an Ask Me button or poster in an office, they know that this person can help them.

Three students hold Ask Me buttons

We're here to help

We know the first few weeks back on campus can be overwhelming. If you need directions, have questions about your academic schedule or about student programs and events, be sure to look for the red Ask Me symbol. If you are a staff member or senior student and would like an Ask Me poster or pin, or would like to volunteer as an Ask Me Greeter, please complete the form below.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

Each faculty has their own faculty advisors who can assist you in changing your major. Applications to change your major are due Feb. 1 of each year and can be completed in your Student Centre ( Advisors are also available through the Student Success Centre; visit their website to learn how to make an appointment.

Fall Term 2022

You have until Thursday, Sept. 15 to drop a course without financial penalty and there will be no academic record of the course that is dropped. If you wish to add or swap a class, the deadline is September 16.

The last day to withdraw from courses is Wednesday, Dec. 7. A withdrawal results in a "W" (withdrawal) recorded for the course on your transcript and tuition will not be refunded. 

Winter Term 2023

You have until Thursday, Jan. 19 to drop a course without financial penalty and there will be no academic record of the course that is dropped, and Jan. 20 to add or swap a course.

Last day to withdraw from courses is Wednesday, April 12. A withdrawal results in a "W" (withdrawal) recorded for the course on your transcript and tuition will not be refunded. 

Before dropping a course, book an appointment with your Academic Advisor to discuss degree requirements. Be sure to check in with your Academic Advisor to discuss what impact dropping a course could have on your degree progress.

To drop a class, log on to your Student Centre via

click on “Search for Classes”, “Enroll”, and then “Drop”.

You're eligible for a Unicard if you have a UCID number and are enrolled in classes. You can pick your Unicard up at the Main Lobby of the International House, located across from Kinesiology A and close to the Olympic Oval. You can find it using the interactive room finder.

You can submit your photo and personal information online. For details on where to pick up your Unicard, or for any other questions, please visit the Unicard website.


To view all of the required courses for your degree, you can use our online Academic Requirements Tool. You can also refer to the university's Academic Calendar for program sequencing, or you can speak to an advisor from your faculty.

Yes there is! In addition to downloadable maps, the there is an interactive campus room finder that student, staff and the community can use to locate rooms on campus. The interactive map runs on both desktop computers and smartphones. Visit the webpage to see the map.

You can opt out of the undergraduate health and dental insurance plan if you have comparable coverage through another provider. The deadline to opt out (or to move to a family plan) is the fee payment deadline each semester. To opt out, you can complete the online form or visit the SU Health and Dental Plan Office located in room MSC 352 (on the third floor of MacEwan Student Centre).  

SU Clubs is a Student Union organized database of over 300 student clubs where you'll find people who connect on hobbies like cooking, music, anime and video games to cultural, political and community initiatives to events like skiing, dancing and much more. Basically, if you're interested in a topic, there's a club for it. 

Meet your peers by signing up for an SU Student Club today.

Also be sure to check out the Leadership and Student Engagement calendar of events.


If you haven’t had the opportunity to take a tour of UCalgary’s main campus or are feeling rusty and need a refresher, several tours will be held from Feb. 28 to March 10, covering different buildings depending on your faculty. These tours are being offered for a limited time.

If you're interested, please register here.