Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Academic Schedule
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student and Campus Services
Undergraduate Admissions
Academic Regulations
B. Registration
C. Competence Test
D. Change of Faculty or Program
E. Course Information
F. Academic Standing
F.1 Grading System
F.2 Undergraduate Grading System
F.3 Graduate Grading System
F.4 Symbols
F.5 Grade Point Average
F.6 Honours Degrees and Degrees with Distinction
F.6.1 Dean's List
F.7 Unsatisfactory Standing
F.8 Aegrotat Standing
F.9 Transcripts
G. Examinations and Tests
H. Graduation
I. Reappraisal of Grades and Non-Disciplinary Academic Appeals
J. Non-Disciplinary Academic Appeals
K. Statement on Principles of Conduct
L. Integrity in Scholarly Activity
M. Sexual Harassment
N. The Use of Banned Drugs by Student Athletes
O. Statement of Support for Persons with Life Threatening Communicable Illnesses
Co-operative Education/Internship
Tuition and General Fees
Awards and Financial Assistance
International Foundations Program
Faculty of Arts
Cumming School of Medicine
Faculty of Environmental Design
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Continuing Education
About the University of Calgary
Who's Who
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2016-2017 Academic Regulations F. Academic Standing F.6 Honours Degrees and Degrees with Distinction
F.6 Honours Degrees and Degrees with Distinction

Honours degrees are available from the Faculty of Arts, Kinesiology, Medicine (BHSc) and Science. Please refer to the graduation requirements for Honours degrees in the faculty sections of this Calendar.

The notation "With Distinction" will be inscribed on the permanent record and graduation parchment of a candidate for the degree of BA, BSc, BComm, BSc (Engineering), BFA, BKin, BMus, BN, BSW or JD if the candidate has obtained the required weighted average as defined under faculty promotional policy.

A student who has taken part of their work at another university may be granted a degree "With Distinction" at the discretion of the faculty concerned.